EXstar suggestions

Posted over 1 year ago by Dan Wretling

Post a topic
Un Solved
D
Dan Wretling

It would be great if Exstar could have support for 3D mouse (I would suggest 3dconnexion). Another feature one could ask for is possibility to "detach/un-dock" menus and tools from the main window. I would prefer to have one screen with clean 3D view and al tools on other screen.

Most of all, I would like to be able to resize camera window. Working at cable limit it can be hard to see the small camera window some time.    

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
T

Tomáš Trýska posted 6 months ago

Yes, some kind of "undo last 15 seconds" would be super helpful. IIRC, Revo already has it.

0 Votes

S

Steve Prior posted 10 months ago

When you first install the EXstar software it asks you to create a username/password.  When I did this I hit ctrl-c thinking it would copy the random password I just entered, but it didn't and I now don't know what the password is.  I can still log in via verification code but there seems to be nowhere in the application to either change or reset your password - this should be added.

0 Votes

R

Randy McNurlin posted about 1 year ago

I agree it is frustrating to lose a good scan because your trying to make it better. 

I would also like to see a delete by color. If I could just delete the red triangles I could save a scan from getting worse.

0 Votes

D

Dan Wretling posted over 1 year ago

Wow...Einstar... Such enthusiasm and drive for collecting customer suggestions. How do you manage to keep the fire in the forum like this? It is amazing... 

0 Votes

S

Stephen Schlueter posted over 1 year ago

+1000.  The "groups" kind of feature like in Exscan S would be nice, but just a "discard that last one" is a must-have.

0 Votes

D

Dan Wretling posted over 1 year ago

Also, if you could delete or undo latest scan would be like a million dollar. It is frustrating when you should just do some small scanning to add details on an almost perfect point cloud. And the scanner have problem to align and add a new object totally misaligned.

5 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment